Boiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Dutch producer Binkbeats (pictured above) has been dropping new installments of his Beats Unraveled series for more than a year, and the latest chapter surfaced just today. Last month's episode was the first one since the show found a new home with Boiler Room, and documented the enterprising artist doing a live recreation of Caribou's "Bowls." Now, he's shifted his focus towards the LA beat scene, specifically the sounds of Shlohmo. The song he's selected to tackles is "Bad Vibes," a woozy number that originally appeared on Shlohmo's 2011 debut LP, Bad Vibes. Once again, what Binkbeats has come up with is remarkably faithful to the original track, but what makes the clip truly enthralling is that the whole song has been reconstructed and performed live, in real time. The video can be viewed below.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsAndy Stott Preps New LP for Modern Love; Hear a Track Now
- NewsHear Seven Davis Jr Remix Martyn
XLR8R Downloads Player