Boiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Dutch producer Binkbeats (pictured above) has been dropping new installments of his Beats Unraveled series for more than a year, and the latest chapter surfaced just today. Last month's episode was the first one since the show found a new home with Boiler Room, and documented the enterprising artist doing a live recreation of Caribou's "Bowls." Now, he's shifted his focus towards the LA beat scene, specifically the sounds of Shlohmo. The song he's selected to tackles is "Bad Vibes," a woozy number that originally appeared on Shlohmo's 2011 debut LP, Bad Vibes. Once again, what Binkbeats has come up with is remarkably faithful to the original track, but what makes the clip truly enthralling is that the whole song has been reconstructed and performed live, in real time. The video can be viewed below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player