Check Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- Words: Glenn Jackson
With its Velo di Maya EP set to drop later this month via New York club institution-turned-record label The Bunker, Italian techno mavens Donato Dozzy and Neel (who together operate as Voices from the Lake) stopped by WNYU last night to deliver an ambient set for Beats in Space. Eschewing the more deeply rhythmic sounds they're more often known for, the pair's broadcast for the long-running radio show focuses on enveloping textures, bouts of cosmic noise, and slow-morphing ambient movements. The set concludes with a brief interview with Beats in Space host Tim Sweeney, in which Voices from the Lake discusses the origins of the project and the effects that the 2011 Japanese earthquake and the Fukushima nuclear fallout has had on its music.
Voices from the Lake's mix for Beats in Space can be streamed in full below, or downloaded for free here, where some of the set's esoteric selections have also been identified.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player