Check Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- Words: Glenn Jackson
With its Velo di Maya EP set to drop later this month via New York club institution-turned-record label The Bunker, Italian techno mavens Donato Dozzy and Neel (who together operate as Voices from the Lake) stopped by WNYU last night to deliver an ambient set for Beats in Space. Eschewing the more deeply rhythmic sounds they're more often known for, the pair's broadcast for the long-running radio show focuses on enveloping textures, bouts of cosmic noise, and slow-morphing ambient movements. The set concludes with a brief interview with Beats in Space host Tim Sweeney, in which Voices from the Lake discusses the origins of the project and the effects that the 2011 Japanese earthquake and the Fukushima nuclear fallout has had on its music.
Voices from the Lake's mix for Beats in Space can be streamed in full below, or downloaded for free here, where some of the set's esoteric selections have also been identified.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player