Hear Another New Track from Dauwd
- Words: James Eaton
With his Kindlinn EP on the way early next month via Kompakt, London DJ/producer Dauwd has been giving fans previews of the forthcoming record's three tracks. We've already heard a-side cut "Lydia," and now, EP closer "Rain Raker" can be streamed in full. Dauwd's latest production was apparently made "almost entirely" using a TB-303, though its floating synthscapes and loose rhythms certainly don't sound as if they were created with the iconic hardware. But once things get moving a little more towards the end of "Rain Raker," some of the 303's recognizable sounds become a bit more apparent.
The entirety of the heavily atmospheric Kindlinn EP closing track is available to stream below, ahead of its release on April 7.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player