Hound Scales, Physical Therapy, Clouds, and More Contribute to Fifth Wall Charity Comp
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Since debuting early last year, New York's Fifth Wall label has rapidly made a name for itself with strong-armed releases from label heads Hound Scales and Divvorce, Scottish duo Clouds, Physical Therapy, and others. Now, it's using the community of producers it has built for a greater good, releasing a 13-track compilation the proceeds from which will go to help fund two organizations working to prevent malaria deaths around the world. Entitled No Person Is an Island, the digital compilation gathers exclusive tracks from an impressive list of budding techno technicians for the price of $10, a cost that is essentially the price of a net which can help prevent an entire family from contracting malaria.
Fifth Wall's No Person Is an Island collection can be streamed in full below and purchased via Bandcamp, where more information about the label's charitable efforts is also available.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player