John Roberts Readies New EP
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
John Roberts has been releasing quality records for more than five years now, but it's hard not to see Fences—his sophomore LP and one of XLR8R's top releases of 2013—as a new high-water mark for the New York City producer. Given that, the news that he'll soon be issuing a new EP for Dial, his longtime label home, is very welcome indeed.
Slated to arrive on May 12, the three-track Ausio EP is said to incorporate Roberts' penchant for acoustical research and experimentation. The a-side is described as an "enchanting floorsmasher," while the two cuts on the flip are said to be "soulful groovers" that encapsulate the "classic John Roberts sound." We'll have to wait until May to find out, but in the meantime, the artwork and tracklist have been made available, and can be viewed below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player