Listen to Leon Vynehall's 'Music for the Uninvited' Mini-Album for 3024
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Leon Vynehall has been busy as of late, appearing as a remixer on a number of impressive releases already this year and dropping a new mix on FACT halfway through last week. More importantly, though, Vynehall's seven-track mini-LP Music for the Uninvited is just around the corner, but before it sees an official release via Martyn's 3024 imprint next week, the record is now available to stream in full.
Since officially beginning to release productions in 2012, Vynehall has been an artist who favors dusty grooves and loose shuffles over the kinds of precise sonics which characterize much of the UK's current club music. Music for the Uninvited is said to follow suit, with its seven jazz-flecked productions actually recorded straight to cassette, the ensuing layers of hiss and blurred frequency ranges intended to help thread the record together. The results of Vynehall's latest production experiment can be heard in their entirety via Spin, here, before it arrives on March 17.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player