Lone Readies 'Reality Testing' LP for R&S
- Words: Patric Fallon
Manchester-based DJ/producer Lone has remained fairly active since the release of his last album, 2012's solid Galaxy Garden. Between dropping the excellent "Airglow Fires" b/w "Begin to Begin" single (which offered one of 2013's best songs), sharing random freebies, and doing a couple of remixes here and there, the artist born Matt Cutler has never been far from the XLR8R news feed. But he's now primed to return in a much bigger way, as details of Lone's next full-length record for R&S have found their way online.
Granted, we don't have all the facts on the upcoming Reality Testing LP (artwork above), but we do know that it will feature 12 tracks—two of which are "Airglow Fires" and "Begin to Begin"—said to "reference the history of electronic music" with elements of "Detroit techno, rave to jungle, and everything else in between." Cutler's next album won't be released until June, but we've included the jazzy "Airglow Fires" and "Begin to Begin" tunes below as a reminder of the vibrant sounds it will offer this summer.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player