The Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with KiNK, Lee Bannon, Addison Groove, and More
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. This week's XLR8R podcast was a breakneck session put together by up-and-coming Brooklyn producer Lee Bannon (pictured above).
2. Bulgarian producer KiNK has a new LP slated to arrive in May, and ahead of its arrival, he shared a video detailing both its creation and his impressive studio set-up.
3. Damiano Von Erckert gave away a digital version of Love Based Music, his previously vinyl-only album from last year, and the download package included a new remix from Motor City Drum Ensemble.
4. Native Instruments unveiled the Traktor Audio 2, which is being billed as "the world's smallest premium DJ audio interface."
5. This week saw the release of Vermont, the self-titled debut LP from the new collaborative project of Motor City Drum Ensemble and Marcus Worgoll, and our review gave the album glowing marks.
6. House legend MK invited Resident Advisor into his studio for an interview, and the piece included detailed photos of his extensive gear set-up.
7. It's not often that Timo Maas appears on XLR8R, but the veteran producer offered up the juke-fueled Addison Groove remix of his song "Grown Up" as a free giveaway in our Downloads section.
8. French producer Joakim will be issuing a new album in May, and he elected to give away "On the Beach," a piece of hypnotic vocoder pop that will also serve as the title track of an EP that will precede the album.
9. Modern Love stalwarts Andy Stott and Miles Whittaker will soon be releasing Drop the Vowels, the debut LP from their Millie & Andrea project, and a stream of the album surfaced online this week.
10. California-born, Japan-based producer Magical Mistakes passed along "Laid Out," the bell-bathed, slow-swung lead track from his upcoming Decompose / Reassemble EP, for our Downloads section.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
XLR8R Downloads Player