Matthew Dear Revisits His Texan Roots in New Mini-Doc
- Words: Glenn Jackson
More commonly associated with the Michigan and New York electronic music scenes, a new mini-doc takes a trip through Ghostly co-founder Matthew Dear's roots in a remote Texas town. Appearing as part of Resident Advisor's Origins video series, the 10-minute film follows Dear as he revisits Kingsville, the town he was born and raised in before moving to Detroit as a teenager. Along for the trip is Dear's father, a musician himself, who helps his son navigate some of his earliest memories before joining him to play some guitar in the clip's closing minutes.
Matthew Dear's particularly heartfelt Origins mini-doc can be watched in full below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player