Maxmillion Dunbar and Jordan GCZ are Zsa Gang; Preview the Debut EP Now
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Last summer, Jordan GCZ (a.k.a. Jordan Czamanski), better known as one half of Juju & Jordash, launched his own imprint, Off Minor Recordings, with a much-lauded solo effort called "Crybaby J." Since then, the young label has continued its hot start by issuing a collection of archival material from deep house specialist Move D and a new 12" from Magic Mountain High, which is of course a collaborative project between Juju & Jordash and Move D. Now, it appears that the Off Minor family is growing once again, as Maxmillion Dunbar (a.k.a. Andrew Field-Pickering), who also serves as one half of Beautiful Swimmers and helps run the excellent Future Times label, has been brought into the fray. More specifically, Dunbar (who has elected to use his Max D alias for this project) has teamed up with Jordan GCZ to form Zsa Gang.
The duo will release its debut EP, Beehive Rhythms, within the next few weeks. Adding to the intrigue, the four-track effort (artwork above) finds Juju (yes, the other half of Juju & Jordash) contributing to two songs. The first cut also includes a mysterious producer who goes by the name Pissflaps. All four of the EP's tunes are essentially untitled, as they've simply been dubbed "A1," "A2," "B1," and "B2." However, those looking for more details will be pleased to know that Off Minor has released a preview video for Beehive Rhythms, which we've posted below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player