MikeQ and DJ Sliink Kick Off New Fade to Mind Collaborative Series, Share Lead Track
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Fade to Mind has been relatively quiet so far in 2014, but the LA imprint will soon be launching a new collaborative series called Mind to Mind. For the first installment, the label has enlisted a pair of New Jersey producers, MikeQ and DJ Sliink. Both artists arguably serve as de facto leaders of their respective genres, with MikeQ operating in the vogue/ballroom sphere while Sliink came up in the world of Jersey club. The two have discussed working together properly for some time, and Sliink actually remixed MikeQ's "The Ha Dub Rewerk'd" back in 2011. On this first Mind to Mind release, the pair has put together two songs, "The Bitch" and "Werk'd It," both of which are said to have Jersey club and ballroom elements. The record is set to drop on April 15, but in the meantime, the record's artwork and a preview stream of the a-side can be found below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player