Mouse on Mars Launches Fundraiser for 21st Anniversary Documentary
Veteran producers Jan St. Werner and Andi Toma, the two German artists who have made music as Mouse on Mars since 1993 (resulting in an astounding discography which we interviewed the two innovators about a couple years back), celebrate over two decades of their shapeshifting electronic music project this year. Following its most recent release in January, the Spezmodia mini-album for Modeselektor's Monkeytown label, the duo now has plans to ring in its 21st year with a documentary film called 21 Again, and they need your help to finishing making it.
Mouse on Mars has launched a fundraising campaign over on Indiegogo, where the team of German filmmakers at Kaliber16 is looking for support to finish the film's "in-depth editing process and post-production," "clear some rights for rare TV footage, like the first ever Mouse on Mars concert," and film interviews with the likes of Matthew Herbert, Tyondai Braxton, Mark E. Smith, Tortoise, Stereolab, Markus Popp, and many others. Each contribution will receive perks which range from a special postcard from Mouse Mars, to a free download of the finished film, to signed CDs and LPs, festival tickets, production credits, and beyond. The full details of Mouse on Mars' fundraiser can be found here, along with an in-depth outline of the documentary's creation. An expectedly strange pitch video from St. Werner and Toma can be seen below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player