Mouse on Mars Launches Fundraiser for 21st Anniversary Documentary
Veteran producers Jan St. Werner and Andi Toma, the two German artists who have made music as Mouse on Mars since 1993 (resulting in an astounding discography which we interviewed the two innovators about a couple years back), celebrate over two decades of their shapeshifting electronic music project this year. Following its most recent release in January, the Spezmodia mini-album for Modeselektor's Monkeytown label, the duo now has plans to ring in its 21st year with a documentary film called 21 Again, and they need your help to finishing making it.
Mouse on Mars has launched a fundraising campaign over on Indiegogo, where the team of German filmmakers at Kaliber16 is looking for support to finish the film's "in-depth editing process and post-production," "clear some rights for rare TV footage, like the first ever Mouse on Mars concert," and film interviews with the likes of Matthew Herbert, Tyondai Braxton, Mark E. Smith, Tortoise, Stereolab, Markus Popp, and many others. Each contribution will receive perks which range from a special postcard from Mouse Mars, to a free download of the finished film, to signed CDs and LPs, festival tickets, production credits, and beyond. The full details of Mouse on Mars' fundraiser can be found here, along with an in-depth outline of the documentary's creation. An expectedly strange pitch video from St. Werner and Toma can be seen below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player