Regis and Silent Servant Ready New EP as Sandra Electronics
- Words: James Eaton
Former Sandwell District affiliates Regis (a.k.a. Karl O'Connor) and Silent Servant (a.k.a. Juan Mendez) will soon release a new collaborative EP under an alias first used by O'Connor to explore pop-inclined industrial music in the late '80s, Sandra Electronics. Having also appeared as Sandra Plays Electronics and The Fabulous Sandra Electronics, this iteration of the project finds O'Connor working with Mendez to deliver re-edited and re-mastered versions of three tracks off of an untitled 10" released via his own Downwards label in 2010, along with three previously unreleased tracks.
The six-song Want Need EP is set to drop via Veronica Vasicka's Minimal Wave label on April 30, ahead of Sandra Electronics' performance at the Brooklyn Flea Record Fair for the RBMA NYC festival. Until then, the tracklist and artwork for Want Nedd can be found below. (via Juno Plus)
1. It Slipped Her Mind
2. New Purpose (Extended Version)
3. Protection Now!
4. Protection Now! (Demo)
5. Want Need (Live)
6. Publicity (Demo)
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player