Regis and Silent Servant Ready New EP as Sandra Electronics
- Words: James Eaton
Former Sandwell District affiliates Regis (a.k.a. Karl O'Connor) and Silent Servant (a.k.a. Juan Mendez) will soon release a new collaborative EP under an alias first used by O'Connor to explore pop-inclined industrial music in the late '80s, Sandra Electronics. Having also appeared as Sandra Plays Electronics and The Fabulous Sandra Electronics, this iteration of the project finds O'Connor working with Mendez to deliver re-edited and re-mastered versions of three tracks off of an untitled 10" released via his own Downwards label in 2010, along with three previously unreleased tracks.
The six-song Want Need EP is set to drop via Veronica Vasicka's Minimal Wave label on April 30, ahead of Sandra Electronics' performance at the Brooklyn Flea Record Fair for the RBMA NYC festival. Until then, the tracklist and artwork for Want Nedd can be found below. (via Juno Plus)
1. It Slipped Her Mind
2. New Purpose (Extended Version)
3. Protection Now!
4. Protection Now! (Demo)
5. Want Need (Live)
6. Publicity (Demo)
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player