Video: Ghostpoet "Dial Tones (feat. Lucy Rose)"
- Words: Melkorka Licea
After rounding off a productive year in 2013 (which saw the release of his sophomore album Some Say I So I Say Light via Play it Again Sam, not to mention a remix contest on XLR8R), multi-talented UK producer/vocalist Ghostpoet (a.k.a Obaro Ejimiwe) dropped one of his recent LP's tracks as a standalone single. And now, the ethereal "Dial Tones"—co-produced with Richard Formby and featuring singer Lucy Rose—has been paired with a brand-new video. Directed by Patrick Louwerse, the melancholy piece shows a suited up Ejimiwe walking through dark city streets with a distressed female friend, exploring an abandoned house with remnants of a party left behind. Rose's smokey voice appropriately accents the despondent attitude portrayed throughout the video, which is accompanied by Ghostpoet's equally glum keyboard melodies
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player