Video: Kloke "Ritual"
- Words: Melkorka Licea
After popping up on Styles Upon Styles' first compilation at the end of last year, Melbourne-based producer Kloke (a.k.a Andy Donnely) is set to drop his six-song Sea Levels record via the Brooklyn label on April 21, and has sent over an experimental video for EP cut "Ritual" to give us a taste of its sounds. Filmed and directed by Jordan Levie, the hypnotizing piece was created using food coloring and oil-based paints, featuring close-up shots of the bright colors gently cascading through water before switching to a dark red mixture in the final quarter of the video. The ethereal visuals are appropriately coupled with "Ritual"'s floating rhythm, soporific bass frequencies, and dripping ambient noises, all of which keep an even-tempered pace throughout the entire tune.
More information about Kloke's Sea Levels EP can be found here, and its tracklist and artwork is included below.
1. Deep City
4. Room With a View
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player