Video: Lakker "Containing a Thousand"
- Words: Melkorka Licea
After dropping a 75-minute mix late last month, up-and-coming Dublin duo Lakker is further teasing the release of its Containing a Thousand EP (set to drop on March 11 via R&S) with an abstract black-and-white video for the record's title track.The minimalist piece was directed by Dara Smith and features ambiguous, CGI-rendered shapes and shadows of miscellanous futuristic structures, the close-up shots of which are artfully paired with Lakker's glitchy and spacious production.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player