Vin Sol and Matrixxman Team Up for Another Sade Remix 12"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Last year, Bay Area producers and frequent collaborators Vin Sol and Matrixxman made a splash with a white-label 12" that, ironically enough, their names didn't even appear on. The record in question included house reworks of two tracks by iconic UK singer Sade ("Couldn't Love You More" and "Give It Up") and quickly garnered support from a wide variety of DJs. Having struck such a strong chord, it's not much of a surprise that Vin Sol and Matrixxman have put together a follow-up effort (artwork above), which is set to appear this week. This time around, the vinyl will include retooled versions of Sade's "Never Thought" and "Love Is Stronger." The record is scheduled to drop on March 20, and can be ordered through Phonica, which also has preview clips available. Based on those snippets, it seems that "Love Is Stronger" follows in the same relaxed vein as the first 12", but "Never Thought" finds the two producers combining Sade's sultry pipes with a muscular bassline and some acid house flirtations.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player