Watch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
In 1998, Detroit techno pioneer Jeff Mills delivered what was the first-ever lecture at the Red Bull Music Academy. Today, the roughly 15-year-old discussion has made its way onto the web and can now be watched in full. Spanning 70 minutes, Mills' lecture finds the then roughly 35-year-old DJ discussing how he learned the craft of mixing, his life on the road, the origins of Underground Resistance, and much more before taking questions from the audience.
The remarkably insightful 1998 lecture by Jeff Mills can be watched in full below, with more information available here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player