Baths Readies New EP for Anticon, Shares Title Track
- Words: Derek Kaneko
Intended as a companion piece to last year's Obsidian LP—or as the press relase puts it, "the Dia De Los Muertos to Obsidian’s Halloween"—Baths (a.k.a. Will Wiesenfeld) will release his Ocean Death EP via Anticon next month. Along with the announcement, Baths has shared a stream of the record's title track, which trudges in a somewhat different direction from his 2013 album, meshing Wiesenfeld's' angelic falsetto with more techno-influenced production. Interestingly, the track is said to predate Bath's debut LP, with the accompany press releasing stressing that it "existed before a single note of 2010’s Cerulean had been recorded."
Ocean Death is set to drop on May 6 via Baths' regular label home, Anticon. In the meantime, the forthcoming EP's title track can be streamed in full below, where the record's tracklist has also been included.
01 Ocean Death
02 Fade White
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player