Baths Readies New EP for Anticon, Shares Title Track
- Words: Derek Kaneko
Intended as a companion piece to last year's Obsidian LP—or as the press relase puts it, "the Dia De Los Muertos to Obsidian’s Halloween"—Baths (a.k.a. Will Wiesenfeld) will release his Ocean Death EP via Anticon next month. Along with the announcement, Baths has shared a stream of the record's title track, which trudges in a somewhat different direction from his 2013 album, meshing Wiesenfeld's' angelic falsetto with more techno-influenced production. Interestingly, the track is said to predate Bath's debut LP, with the accompany press releasing stressing that it "existed before a single note of 2010’s Cerulean had been recorded."
Ocean Death is set to drop on May 6 via Baths' regular label home, Anticon. In the meantime, the forthcoming EP's title track can be streamed in full below, where the record's tracklist has also been included.
01 Ocean Death
02 Fade White
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player