Check Out a New Remix from DJ Koze
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Christoph Voy
Newcomers to the Kompakt fold, Cologne pair DAMH (a.k.a. established talents Ada and David Hasert) will release its debut effort for the label, the Black Night EP, on Monday. Before then, DJ Koze's remix of the upcoming release's title track is now available to stream.
Trotting along at an unhurried, almost hip-hop pace, the Hamburg producer's rework first places a slightly wobbling, heavily distorted synth beneath a skipping break. Using that as its bed, the remix adds bits of sparkling harps, soft strings, and a bevy of eccentric noises and FX (a Koze trademark) to the procession, all of which comes led by the tune's relaxed vocals, courtesy of Ada. It's a fittingly unpredictable take on DAMH's track and one that will sit nicely on the b-side of the duo's Black Night EP, which officially drops on April 28 with two DAMH originals and an additional remix from Matt Karmil (who shared a free track from his debut LP with us just yesterday). In the meantime, DJ Koze's full remix of "Black Night" can be streamed via the player below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player