Daphni Teams Up with Owen Pallett for New 12"; Stream It Now
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Daphni, the dancefloor-oriented project of Dan Snaith (a.k.a. Caribou, pictured above), will soon be releasing a new 12" that features a pair of collaborations with composer, violinist, and fellow Canadian Owen Pallett. Snaith claims that both songs, "Julia" and "Tiberius," have been a part of his DJ sets for a while and the record will reportedly appear on his own Jialong label next week. The timing is interesting, as Pallett—who previously worked under the name Final Fantasy and has also collaborated with the likes of The Arcade Fire, Beirut, and The Mountain Goats—has a solo LP on his own on the way. Entitled In Conflict, it's scheduled for release on May 13 via Domino. It's a safe bet that the album's content won't have a ton in common with this new Jialong 12", but listeners are free to begin forming their own opinions by checking out "Julia" and "Tiberius," both of which are streaming in full below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player