Gardland Announces New EP for RVNG, Shares Lead Single
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Last year's Syndrome Syndrome LP served as an impressive debut for Australian pair Gardland, so much so in fact, that we deemed the duo one of 2013's best new artists. Now, the burgeoning outfit has announced its first official follow-up, the Improvisations EP, which will drop via RVNG later this month. The forthcoming three-track effort gathers tracks initially performed live in 2012 during a local Australian radio station broadcast; an improvised session which impressed the RVNG label heads enough to sign Gardland to the imprint.
Ahead of the forthcoming EP's release on April 29, Gardland has shared a video for closing cut "0214 Pt. 2," the continuous collage of offbeat visuals of which provides a nice accompaniment to the duo's restless hardware manipulations. That video can be watched in full below, where the tracklist for Improvisations is also included.
03 0214 Pt. 2
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player