Preview Gerd's Upcoming 12" for DFTD
- Words: Derek Kaneko
On the way from the recently inaugurated DFTD, an imprint of longstanding UK label Defected, Still Believe sees veteran DJ/producer and 4Lux boss Gerd using his well-honed house techniques to construct two brand-new, dancefloor-ready pieces, both of which are now available to preview.
Created with help from Italian DJ/producer Marcoradi, the record's title track alternates between pointed piano chords and distorted vocal loops, while Gerd's solo-produced "Work Da Tool" creates a pounding tune out of mechanical synths and choppy vocal snippets. The preview below gives a sneak peek at the varied styles featured on Gerd's forthcoming two-track 12", which is set to hit retailers on May 26. Both sides of Still Believe can be previewed before then, below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player