Preview Gerd's Upcoming 12" for DFTD
- Words: Derek Kaneko
On the way from the recently inaugurated DFTD, an imprint of longstanding UK label Defected, Still Believe sees veteran DJ/producer and 4Lux boss Gerd using his well-honed house techniques to construct two brand-new, dancefloor-ready pieces, both of which are now available to preview.
Created with help from Italian DJ/producer Marcoradi, the record's title track alternates between pointed piano chords and distorted vocal loops, while Gerd's solo-produced "Work Da Tool" creates a pounding tune out of mechanical synths and choppy vocal snippets. The preview below gives a sneak peek at the varied styles featured on Gerd's forthcoming two-track 12", which is set to hit retailers on May 26. Both sides of Still Believe can be previewed before then, below.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player