Jimmy Edgar Gives Away New Edit of Frankie Knuckles
As a tribute to the legacy of Frankie Knuckles, whose untimely passing has touched just about every corner of the dance music community, Detroit native Jimmy Edgar has refixed the Godfather of House's classic "Baby Wants to Ride" track, offering the results as a free download.
"What else can I say about Frankie that hasn’t been said this week," Edgar asks on his SoundCloud. "With this track, we celebrate his life, his kindness, his love for music, his inspiration, his passion, and all that he gave during his life. Thank you, Frankie." The heartfelt message comes accompanied by a characteristically sharp rework à la Edgar, who keeps Knuckle's tune as low-swung and grinding as ever. The new remix can be streamed and downloaded for free below, and Edgar's substantial note on Knuckles' legacy and the relationship between the Detroit and Chicago dance music scenes can be read in full here.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- FeatureGetting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player