KiNK to Perform Live at Watergate with Sierra Sam, Record Potential Live Album
With the release of his debut LP, Under Destruction just around the corner (May 5, to be exact), and having recently shared with us some insight into the five most essential pieces of hardware in his studio, Bulgarian producer KiNK has announced plans to record a live album at Berlin's Watergate club next week. KiNK will be joined by German producer Sierra Sam for the performance, which will find the two artists crafting their set using a rig consisting completely of hardware units.
Following its recording on Wednesday, May 7, the pair's one-off performance will be issued as a Live at Watergate CD, with a number of accompanying 12"s also planned to coincide with the live album's release in the weeks to come. For those curious as to what KiNK is capable of when performing live, the man's recent session for Resident Advisor can be revisited here. (via Resident Advisor)
UPDATE: We have received word from KiNK that a live album is not something that has been set in stone. Although he has confirmed an improvised live set with Sierra Sam, he wants to clarify that "I haven't touched the set-up yet and I have no idea what it will come out of it." An album could come out the session eventually, but it has not been officially announced and is just an "idea" that will only come to fruition "if it's good enough."
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player