Ryan Elliot Tapped for 'Panorama Bar' Mix Album; Ostgut Ton to Move Away from the Mix CD Format
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Sven Marquardt
Berlin DJ and a resident of Berghain and the Panorama Bar, Ryan Elliot has been enlisted to put together the sixth edition of Ostgut Ton's Panorama Bar mix series. Though the announcement currently comes with few details, it does come with word that the Ostgut Ton label has decided to "move away from the CD format" for the series, revealing that the upcoming mix will appear "in a new form." As Resident Advisor reports, Elliot's contribution—which follows behind last year's excellent session for the series from Steffi—is in the midst of being compiled. "Ryan is already busy selecting music for his mix," the label explained on its Facebook page, "and we have already secured several exclusive tracks that will also be released on two Ostgut Ton 12-inches and will feature some of Ryan's favorite artists and several Panorama Bar regulars."
Elliot's contribution to the well-regarded series. Panorama Bar 06, and its accompanying 12"s are set to appear sometime in July.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHieroglyphic Being Announces New LP for Planet Mu
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player