Stream the Nostalgic New EP from Conspicuously Named Producer Luke Warm
- Words: James Eaton
For whatever myriad of reasons, artists sometimes can't or don't want to reveal their true identities on certain releases. This is often done by simply leaving zero clues (except maybe the music itself) in the related aliases, titles, artwork, and press releases for their record. (For example: Junior Boys producer Matt Didemus did this for his early work as DIVA.) Other times, it's all but spelled out for fans that their favorite DJ/producer is being coyly anonymous, such as the forthcoming EP for FaltyDL's Blueberry label from an acid-obsessed veteran calling himself Luke Warm.
Spin reports that the artist behind the four-track Instant Vibe is going "incognito" for his latest release, but just the slightest amount of digging reveals that the EP's lead cut, "Daydreamin'," has long been credited to Luke Vibert, who just this week released a brand-new album called Ridmik. As Luke Warm, he'll drop his new EP digitally on April 14, with vinyl arriving on April 21; before then, all four of the nostalgic cuts on Instant Vibe can be heard below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player