Watch 'Icy Lake,' the New Short Film from Night Slugs and Fade to Mind
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Sister labels Night Slugs and Fade to Mind obviously maintain a very close relationship, but the two imprints took their relationship a step further this month by teaming up for a joint release. Oddly enough, the record is a sort of reissue, one based around an eerie house cut called "Icy Lake." Originally released in 1998 by NYC duo Dat Oven, the track has now been reanimated and fleshed out with remixes from the likes of L-Vis 1990 (pictured above), Total Freedom, and DJ Rashad & NA (of Nguzunguzu). However, the team effort hasn't stopped there, as the two labels have also joined forces to create a short film, Icy Lake, which is described as "[exploring] the mystery behind Dat Oven's suicidally hot 'Icy Lake' track while connecting the dots between tribal house, vogue, grime, and the future." Directed by Wills Glasspiegel, Icy Lake traces a unique strain of dance music history, and includes an interesting peek into what drives the Night Slugs/Fade to Mind vision today. Following weeks of anticipation, the film premiered this morning on Thump, and can be viewed in the player below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player