Watch New DJ Sets from Daphni, Four Tet, and Pearson Sound
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Captured during a recent live Just Jam broadcast, new DJ sets from Daphni (a.k.a. Caribou, pictured above), Four Tet, and Pearson Sound are now available online to watch in full. Dan Snaith (the man behind both the Daphni and Caribou projects) provides the broadcast's first set, which finds the Canadian producer/musician/DJ sifting through vintage African music and percussion-fueled house. The 35-minute set also finds Snaith continually twiddling with an intriguing tabletop synth sitting next to the decks, which helps provide a layer of entrancing bleeps and bloops throughout his mix.
Taking over the latter half of the session, Four Tet's and Pearson Sound's mixes follow similarly adventurous paths while an array of sometimes psychedelic, sometimes just plain bizarre visuals are displayed in the background. The Just Jam sets from all three artists can be watched in full below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player