Watch New DJ Sets from Daphni, Four Tet, and Pearson Sound
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Captured during a recent live Just Jam broadcast, new DJ sets from Daphni (a.k.a. Caribou, pictured above), Four Tet, and Pearson Sound are now available online to watch in full. Dan Snaith (the man behind both the Daphni and Caribou projects) provides the broadcast's first set, which finds the Canadian producer/musician/DJ sifting through vintage African music and percussion-fueled house. The 35-minute set also finds Snaith continually twiddling with an intriguing tabletop synth sitting next to the decks, which helps provide a layer of entrancing bleeps and bloops throughout his mix.
Taking over the latter half of the session, Four Tet's and Pearson Sound's mixes follow similarly adventurous paths while an array of sometimes psychedelic, sometimes just plain bizarre visuals are displayed in the background. The Just Jam sets from all three artists can be watched in full below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player