Watch a New Documentary on the Rise and Fall of UKG's Golden Era
- Words: Glenn Jackson
The result of a partnership between Dazed and BBC's Channel 4, the new Brandy & Coke documentary chronicles the rise and fall of UK garage's golden era. Spanning just over 20 minutes, the in-depth film looks back at the roots of the UKG scene, following its evolution from club nights, to pirate radio, to the rise of the garage MC, and on through to its commercial explosion. Featuring garage luminaries MC Creed, Ashley Walters, Wookie, PSG, and Kano, among others, Brandy & Coke collects a good deal of insight from the various promoters, DJs, MCs, producers, and party-goers who help shaped the genre over the years.
The full documentary, which appears as part of Dazed's and Channel 4's ongoing Music Nation series, can be watched below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player