Brian Eno and Karl Hyde Reveal Second Collaborative LP
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Earlier this month, Brian Eno and Underworld co-founder Karl Hyde released their debut collaborative LP, Someday World, via the venerable Warp label. Now, in a rather unexpected move, the pair of electronic veterans has quickly revealed plans to drop a second full-length together in July. Entitled High Life, the six-track effort is said to take much of its inspiration "from the repetitive minimalism of composers like Steve Reich and Phillip Glass, and from the polyrhythmic music of Fela Kuti and funk." Furthermore, Eno himself explains that at the end of the recording process which yielded Someday World, "I felt like we were still on a roll and I wasn't ready to stop working and get into 'promotional mode' for that record, so I suggested we immediately start on another album, a different one, where we extended some of the ideas we'd started, and attempted some of the ideas we hadn't.”
The resulting High Life LP is set to see a full release via Warp on July 1. In the meantime, album cut "DBF" can be streamed in full below, where the forthcoming record's tracklist has also been included.
03 Time To Waste It
05 Moulded Life
06 Cells & Bells
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player