Check Out the New Flying Lotus Video
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
More than a year has passed since Flying Lotus released his most recent album, Until the Quiet Comes, so the appearance of a new video for LP cut "Phantasm" comes as something of a surprise. That said, the piece certainly looks nice. Shot in New Zealand by Markus Hofko (a.k.a. The Bow), the clip pairs FlyLo's loungey, soul-flecked tune with a hazy, rock-strewn landscape and a pair of unusual characters. One is a light-based figure that intermittently wraps its luminescence, mummy-style, in black fabric, and the other is something like a human-sized tribble. In true Flying Lotus fashion, it's certainly "out there," yet there's something tender about these two beings and their journey across the desert. Watch the "Phantasm" video below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player