Check Out a New Mix from Gerd Janson
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Gerd Janson has delivered the latest mix for Little White Earbuds' podcast series. Janson, who also produces as Tuff City Kids together with Phillip Lauer, has honed his selection skills as a resident at famed German clubs Robert Johnson and Panorama Bar, and as a Red Bull Music Academy affiliate, music journalist, and critic. He also heads up the Running Back label, which has built an impressive roster of contributing artists (including Mark E, Theo Parrish, and Todd Terje) since its launch in 2002.
For LWE Podcast 199: Gerd Janson, the veteran selector supplies a nearly 90-minute mix of typically on-point tracks, while also sounding off on his approach to A&R, Running Back reissues, and what's coming up next for the label in the set's accompanying interview. Janson's new mix can be streamed and downloaded in full here, where his interview with Little White Earbuds can also be read.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player