Check Out a New Remix from Theo Parrish
UK-based imprint Far Out has been specializing in discovering a diverse range of new and old Brazilian music for 20 years now, an accomplishment it plans to celebrate with the release of The Far Out Monster Disco Orchestra double-CD pack next month. Appearing on the collection's second disc will be a handful of adventurous remixes from the likes of Mark Pritchard, Marcellus Pittman, Mark E, and Detroit standout Theo Parrish, whose nine-plus minute remix for the effort is now streaming in full.
Parrish's rework of The Far Out Monster Disco Orchestra's "Keep Believing (Can You Feel It)," begins with a barrage of live-played drums, which cut through dreamy loops of floating keys and slow-rising strings. Just past the three-minute mark, Parrish begins to change directions, adding a soulful synth bass to the affair that is met with Brazilian-style percussion and, later on, becomes the restless lead to the elongated remix. The unpredictable Detroit stalwart's full rework can be streamed below before Far Out's 20th anniversary double-CD collection sees an official release on June 9.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player