Chicago House Veteran Gene Hunt Drops a New 12" on Delroy Edwards' L.A. Club Resource Label
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Gene Hunt has been active in the Windy City's house music scene since the '80s, but the veteran producer apparently isn't afraid to work with younger generations. Today, Hunt released a new 12" on L.A. Club Resource, the imprint headed up by Delroy Edwards. There's no word about how this relationship was actually forged, but the vinyl-only outing does feature two tracks, "Pandemonium" and "Jackzone," that were reportedly made in the late '80s or early '90s in Chicago. The latter tune is a raw, drum-machine-heavy club track, and it's streaming in the player below, which also features a preview of the record's Chicago Bulls-inspired artwork.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player