Cromie Readies Solo EP for Peach, Shares Preview
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After collaborating on the inaugural release for Brooklyn's fledgling Peach label last year (the "Vines" b/w "Pyrex" 12" alongside fellow LA producer Sage Caswell), A Club Called Rhonda regular Cromie has announced plans to return to the label with a new solo effort next month. The four-track Inner Knows EP is said to find Cromie—who we highlighted as an Artist to Watch earlier this year—presenting a "revved up set of idiosyncratic dancefloor weapons." From the sounds of the record's preview stream, the SoCal producer will dip into a few different corners of deep, shuffling house on Inner Knows, which will also come backed by a remix from Suzanne Kraft.
Cromie's upcoming solo effort will see a release on June 23, but before then its four tracks can be previewed below.
A1 How To Stop A Bulldozer
B1 Inner Knows
B2 Flan (Suzanne Kraft's Stopandgopercussivephase Mix)
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player