Cromie Readies Solo EP for Peach, Shares Preview
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After collaborating on the inaugural release for Brooklyn's fledgling Peach label last year (the "Vines" b/w "Pyrex" 12" alongside fellow LA producer Sage Caswell), A Club Called Rhonda regular Cromie has announced plans to return to the label with a new solo effort next month. The four-track Inner Knows EP is said to find Cromie—who we highlighted as an Artist to Watch earlier this year—presenting a "revved up set of idiosyncratic dancefloor weapons." From the sounds of the record's preview stream, the SoCal producer will dip into a few different corners of deep, shuffling house on Inner Knows, which will also come backed by a remix from Suzanne Kraft.
Cromie's upcoming solo effort will see a release on June 23, but before then its four tracks can be previewed below.
A1 How To Stop A Bulldozer
B1 Inner Knows
B2 Flan (Suzanne Kraft's Stopandgopercussivephase Mix)
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player