Ejeca Launches New Label, Previews First Release
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Since appearing as a collaborator on Bicep's You/Don't EP in 2012, Irish producer Ejeca has kept busy maintaing a consistently active release schedule (not to mention dropping am XLR8R podcast back in 2013). Now, the artist born Garry McCartney has announced plans to launch his own imprint, Exploris, for which the label head himself will deliver the inaugural release in July.
The upcoming Nebula EP is said to find Ejeca presenting a trio of "harder hitting" productions, with McCartney focusing his efforts on sharp, synth-fueled techno. As a teaser, the producer and soon-to-be label head has sent along a stream of b-side EP cut "Skitter," which utilizes synth FX and a precise bass sequence to compliment the effort's muscular rhythmic components. Ejeca's new track can be streamed in full below, where the Nebula EP's full tracklist has also been included; Exploris' inaugural release is expected to arrive in mid July.
A1 Rick Flair
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player