Kode9, Simian Mobile Disco, Andy Stott, FaltyDL, Richie Hawtin, and More Announced for Decibel 2014
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Last year marked the 10th anniversary of Seattle's Decibel Festival, an annual gathering that has fashioned itself into one of North America's most essential electronic events. With the 11th edition of the five-day festival still months away, the first wave of performers for this year's undertaking have been announced. Among the notable acts slated for Decibel 2014 are Hyperdub boss Kode 9 (pictured above), prolific UK pair Simian Mobile Disco, and Modern Love stalwart Andy Stott (who is also joined on the list by Demdike Stare). In addition, FaltyDL, Richie Hawtin, Com Truise, MK, Baths, John Roberts, and Lindstrom have also been revealed to be set to perform at the upcoming festival.
Taking place from September 24 to the 28 in Seattle, the first wave of performers announced for Decibel 2014 can be seen on the flier below, while our full review of last year's gathering can be read here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player