Kode9, Simian Mobile Disco, Andy Stott, FaltyDL, Richie Hawtin, and More Announced for Decibel 2014
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Last year marked the 10th anniversary of Seattle's Decibel Festival, an annual gathering that has fashioned itself into one of North America's most essential electronic events. With the 11th edition of the five-day festival still months away, the first wave of performers for this year's undertaking have been announced. Among the notable acts slated for Decibel 2014 are Hyperdub boss Kode 9 (pictured above), prolific UK pair Simian Mobile Disco, and Modern Love stalwart Andy Stott (who is also joined on the list by Demdike Stare). In addition, FaltyDL, Richie Hawtin, Com Truise, MK, Baths, John Roberts, and Lindstrom have also been revealed to be set to perform at the upcoming festival.
Taking place from September 24 to the 28 in Seattle, the first wave of performers announced for Decibel 2014 can be seen on the flier below, while our full review of last year's gathering can be read here.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player