Listen to Laszlo Dancehall's Upcoming EP with a Remix from George FitzGerald
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Working together for the first time last year, Leon Vynehall and Christian Piers (a.k.a. A1 Bassline) landed on a fruitful collaboration as Laszlo Dancehall. Issuing two impressive EPs under the name in 2013, Laszlo Dancehall is set to return to George FitzGerald's Man Make Music imprint next week with the simply titled LZD III EP; a record that can now be streamed in full before its release.
From the sound of its new EP, not much has seemed to change for Laszlo Dancehall since we last heard from them, and that's a good thing. Opening the three-track effort, "Plimpton" is a hulking piece of rolling house, heavy on the fliter and imbued with a loose swing, while "Zizzou" is a bit more twisted affair, somehow making sense out of a slippery series of backwards samples and exuberant percussion loops. FitzGerald finishes off the record with a finely sculpted remix of "Plimpton," capping LZD III with its most efficient dancefloor cut. Officially out on Monday, May 12 via Man Make Music, Laszlo Dancehall's forthcoming third EP can be streamed in full below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player