Listen to Laszlo Dancehall's Upcoming EP with a Remix from George FitzGerald
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Working together for the first time last year, Leon Vynehall and Christian Piers (a.k.a. A1 Bassline) landed on a fruitful collaboration as Laszlo Dancehall. Issuing two impressive EPs under the name in 2013, Laszlo Dancehall is set to return to George FitzGerald's Man Make Music imprint next week with the simply titled LZD III EP; a record that can now be streamed in full before its release.
From the sound of its new EP, not much has seemed to change for Laszlo Dancehall since we last heard from them, and that's a good thing. Opening the three-track effort, "Plimpton" is a hulking piece of rolling house, heavy on the fliter and imbued with a loose swing, while "Zizzou" is a bit more twisted affair, somehow making sense out of a slippery series of backwards samples and exuberant percussion loops. FitzGerald finishes off the record with a finely sculpted remix of "Plimpton," capping LZD III with its most efficient dancefloor cut. Officially out on Monday, May 12 via Man Make Music, Laszlo Dancehall's forthcoming third EP can be streamed in full below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player