M.E.S.H. Streams First Single from Upcoming EP for PAN
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Back in January, Bill Kouligas' PAN label first revealed plans to drop an EP from Berlin-based producer M.E.S.H. later in the year. Now, with M.E.S.H.'s Scythians EP officially due out next month, the five-track effort's first single is available to stream in full. Marking his debut effort for PAN, Scythians is said to document the former US-based talent's "distinctive combination of synthetic sheen and abstract breaks." As such, M.E.S.H. dives into a slow, finely textured beat on "Imperial Sewers," which appears late in his upcoming EP. Sharing a few strands of DNA with the Fade to Mind camp's sound, "Imperial Sewers" balances a bevy of vivid sonics with a bass-loaded, half-time beat.
The new production can be streamed in full below, where the tracklist for Scythians (out June 6) has also been included. In addition to the stream of "Imperial Sewers," the upcoming EP's title track can also be heard now over on The FADER.
B2 Imperial Sewers
B3 Glassel Finisher
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player