M.E.S.H. Streams First Single from Upcoming EP for PAN
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Back in January, Bill Kouligas' PAN label first revealed plans to drop an EP from Berlin-based producer M.E.S.H. later in the year. Now, with M.E.S.H.'s Scythians EP officially due out next month, the five-track effort's first single is available to stream in full. Marking his debut effort for PAN, Scythians is said to document the former US-based talent's "distinctive combination of synthetic sheen and abstract breaks." As such, M.E.S.H. dives into a slow, finely textured beat on "Imperial Sewers," which appears late in his upcoming EP. Sharing a few strands of DNA with the Fade to Mind camp's sound, "Imperial Sewers" balances a bevy of vivid sonics with a bass-loaded, half-time beat.
The new production can be streamed in full below, where the tracklist for Scythians (out June 6) has also been included. In addition to the stream of "Imperial Sewers," the upcoming EP's title track can also be heard now over on The FADER.
B2 Imperial Sewers
B3 Glassel Finisher
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player