M.E.S.H. Streams First Single from Upcoming EP for PAN
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Back in January, Bill Kouligas' PAN label first revealed plans to drop an EP from Berlin-based producer M.E.S.H. later in the year. Now, with M.E.S.H.'s Scythians EP officially due out next month, the five-track effort's first single is available to stream in full. Marking his debut effort for PAN, Scythians is said to document the former US-based talent's "distinctive combination of synthetic sheen and abstract breaks." As such, M.E.S.H. dives into a slow, finely textured beat on "Imperial Sewers," which appears late in his upcoming EP. Sharing a few strands of DNA with the Fade to Mind camp's sound, "Imperial Sewers" balances a bevy of vivid sonics with a bass-loaded, half-time beat.
The new production can be streamed in full below, where the tracklist for Scythians (out June 6) has also been included. In addition to the stream of "Imperial Sewers," the upcoming EP's title track can also be heard now over on The FADER.
B2 Imperial Sewers
B3 Glassel Finisher
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player