Nina Kraviz to Launch New Imprint
- Words: James Eaton
- Photo: Filippos Hatzis
Singular Russian DJ/producer Nina Kraviz has announced plans to launch her own imprint later this year. Bearing the name трип (pronounced "trip"), Kraviz's label will focus on "the trippier, acidic side of electronic music," with releases coming not just from the label head herself but also a slew of artists who "inspire her and whose music features frequently in her sets."
The трип imprint's first record is slated to drop in September, with more details about the label and its debut release forthcoming in the months ahead. In the meantime, Kraviz has planned a launch event for June 15, bringing together Detroit DJ Luke Hess and others to celebrate the new endeavor with Kraviz at Barcelona's Sala Instinto club. More information on the upcoming event can be found here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player