Pangaea Readies New EP for Hadal, Shares Preview
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Last year saw Hessle Audio co-founder Pangaea launch Hadal, a solo label endeavor which was inaugurated by the excellent two-track Viaduct EP in June of 2013. Still serving as the label's only release since it dropped, Pangaea will soon add a second effort to the imprint's catalog. The forthcoming Hadal 2 EP appears to find Pangaea continuing to seek out new variant hybrids of club music across its four tracks, with a-side cuts "Pob" and "Mackerel" fashioned around sturdy dancefloor thumps while the following "Ivy" and "Solvent" appear to follow more unconventional paths.
Revealed earlier today with little fanfare via Pangaea's Twitter, Hadal 2 is expected to see a full release before the end of May. In the meantime, lengthy previews for all four EP tracks can be heard below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player