Plaid Shares New Video, Announces Upcoming US Tour Dates
- Words: Glenn Jackson
With the release of its Reachy Prints LP today via Warp, veteran production pair Plaid (a.k.a. Ed Handley and Andy Turner) has shared a new video for album cut "Wallet" along with details of an upcoming US tour.
Directed by Sabrina Ratté, the new video for Plaid's dreamy production revolves around bright colors and fast-changing patterns. "All the images are made from electronic signals," Ratté explains of the clip, "from which were created a reproduction of a sun, different landscapes, and cities." The video's director goes on to explain that "The video is inspired by the idea of creating a world based on memories, where things seem real but they are in fact a construction of the mind"—a fitting set of imagery to accompany Plaid's richly detailed, melodically flushed production.
In addition to sharing the clip for "Wallet," Plaid has also unveiled plans to tour the US throughout the month of July. Both the new video and the longtime Warp duo's upcoming tour dates can be found below.
July 3 Lincoln Hall – Chicago, IL
July 4 TBA
July 6 The Roxy – Los Angeles, CA
July 10 The Parish – Austin, TX
July 11 1015 Folsom – San Francisco, CA
July 12 Fortune Sound Club – Vancouver, BC
July 18 Le Poisson Rouge – New York, NY
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player