Sigha Preps New EP as Faugust
London producer James Shaw (a.k.a. Sigha) has announced plans to release a new EP under the name Faugust via Avian sub-label Mira next month. Entitled Devotions (1984 – 2006), the four-track effort is described as "emotive and highly personal," as it shows a strain of Shaw's production that has remained "largely buried since 2004." Said to combine the artist's capabilities as a guitarist along with Shaw's more established talents as an electronic producer, Devotions (1984 – 2006) will offer "melodic flourishes" and a "pop sensibility not seen in his other work."
Shaw will debut his Faugust project on June 12. Before then, Devotions (1984 – 2006)'s artwork and tracklist can be found below, and EP cut "Penitence" can be streamed in full here via Juno Plus, as part of the site's extended conversation with the UK talent.
A2 A New You
B2 Against the Sea
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player