Stream a New Nathan Fake Track from 'Bleep:10'
- Words: Derek Opperman
There's less than a week to go until the release of Bleep:10, online music retailer Bleep's 10th anniversary compilation. Over the past month, Bleep has slowly teased the album with a string of track streams from the likes of Machinedrum, Modeselektor, and Untold. Now, the latest teaser comes from Border Community regular Nathan Fake (who, it ought to be mentioned, has also announced the launch of a new label called Cambria Instruments).
The track, called "Vanish North," serves as the collection's closing cut, coming in the form of a slowly boiling mass of emotional synthesis that explodes into a consuming wash of melodic feedback. Fake's impressionistic and cathartic production can be heard below before the full release of Bleep:10, which officially drops on Monday, May 5.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player