Video Premiere: Bambooman "Dulcet"
- Words: James Eaton
Today marks the release of Yorkshire producer Bambooman's Dulcet EP, his second effort for the Sonic Router label. Accompanying the new release, the budding producer has shared a slow-motion video for the record's sparse but finely detailed title track. Tucked into the middle of Bambooman's new EP—which is said to be made "almost entirely out of found sounds and field recordings"—"Dulcet" is a particularly calm production, one which utilizes interlocking layers of finite percussion and acutely chopped samples throughout its delicate run. Slowed down to an appropriately peaceful pace and lined with sun-burnt colors, the production's video is rendered similarly calming, following the journeys of an aimless skateboarder as he makes his way around the city.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player