Watch a New Documentary on the Rise of Jungle Music
- Words: Derek Kaneko
Returning to its Music Nation series with a new documentary, Dazed's Jungle Fever traces the roots of the junglist movement. Marking the final entry in the Channel 4-commissioned series (which has included films on the salad days of UKG and the spread of Baleric culture), the new doc includes interviews with key players in jungle's evolution, tapping artists such as DJ Hype, Fabio & Grooverider, Kenny Ken, Ragga Twins, and others to discuss the history, drug culture, and commercialization of the fast-moving and deeply influential scene.
Dazed's 20-minute Jungle Fever Documentary can be watched in full below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player