DJ Slugo Set to Debut on Nicolas Jaar's Other People
- Words: Jay Donaldson
Chicago ghetto house/juke veteran DJ Slugo is set to debut on Nicolas Jaar's Other People next week, with his King Of Ghetto House EP. Slugo (a.k.a. Thomas Kendricks) got his start in the mid-'90s, appearing on revered outfits such as Dance Mania. The news marks a new direction for Jaar's serial Other People imprint, inaugurated last summer in place of his previous label Clown & Sunset, which has thus far served as a platform for Jaar's own Darkside project with Dave Harrington and downtempo electronic music from artists like Valentin Stip and Drew Gragg. The EP officially lands on June 30, but until then a tracklist has been posted below, and clips are available to preview here.
A1 From The Back 2009
A2 Get Down (What The Fuck)
B1 Work Them Jaw
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player