Download a 'NY Crate Digging' Mix from Appleblim
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Shaun Bloodworth
Following a recent trip to New York and, more specifically, to Brooklyn thrift shop/record store The Thing, Bristol mainstay Appleblim has put together a new 80-minute mix. "It's the result of a good six or seven hours of digging over three days," Appleblim tells London nightclub Fabric, who is hosting the mix on its site. "It was so dusty and moldy, dirty and funky [at The Thing], I now realize why I see pictures of true crate diggers with dust masks on, as I have been suffering from a very nasty cough ever since I got back from the trip," he continues.
Consisting mostly of vintage hip-hop and rare disco and funk cuts, Appleblim's full NY Crate Digging Mix can be streamed and download below before he hits Fabric's Room One tomorrow night. The set's coinciding interview, which focuses mostly on the veteran producer/DJ's love for vinyl, can be read here.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player