DVS1 Readies New 12" for Klockworks
- Words: Melkorka Licea
Following a bout of 12" efforts (including Lost Myself and his most recent Hush 03) released via his own HUSH label this year, busy Minneapolis-based techno veteran Zak Khutoretsky (a.k.a. DVS1) will maintain momentum with a forthcoming 12" for Ben Klock’s Klockworks label. Simply titled Klockworks 13, the three-track 12" will be Khutoretsky’s third outing on Klockworks, and will feature the house-leaning "Black Russian" on its a-side—a cut which is said to be a "favorite closing track for both DVS1 and Ben Klock." On its b-side, the record will include "Creeping" and "Spying," which see the Midwestern producer take a darker turn, focusing more on efficient techno productions. Klockworks 13 will see its official release on July 16, but before then, the forthcoming effort's artwork and tracklist have been included below.
A1 Black Russian
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player